At First Choice In-Home Care we are very proud of our staff of Caregiving Professionals who endeavor everyday to provide the highest quality in-home personal care services available. The process of becoming employed as a First Choice In-Home Care Caregiver is rigorous and includes the following requirements:
Screening and Criminal Background History Checks
- Personal and Professional references are checked.
- Washington State Patrol Name and Date of Birth Criminal History checks are completed.
- Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) finger-print Criminal History checks are completed.
- Professional Credentials (Registered Nurse, Nursing Assistant, Certified Home Care Aide) are verified through the Department of Health.
- Previous Employment History is checked and verified.
Required Training - All staff members providing Direct Care to our clients are required to:
- Complete Nursing Assistant training and become credentialed through the Department of Health, or;
- Complete Home Care Aide Certification training and become credentialed through the Department of Health.
- On an annual basis, complete twelve (12) hours of Continuing Education training.
- Complete five (5) hours of Orientation and Safety Training.
- Prior to providing care services all Direct Care Staff members are individually oriented to the client's Plan of Care.
- We have created two state-of-the-art Caregiver Training Centers to ensure our Nursing Assistants and Home Care Aides are capable to meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations.
Some Interesting Facts:
During the last 12 months, our Caregivers have provided over 800.000 hours of services to over 1200 clients. We employ Caregivers who have arrived to the United States from 37 different countries; this allows First Choice to meet the cultural needs of most clients. At First Choice In-Home Care we employ a culturally diverse, well trained staff of caregivers who come from many different walks of life, but who all share in the belief that our population of vulnerable adults and children should be able to live in a safe environment with dignity.
At First Choice In-Home Care, our Caregivers are dedicated, compassionate and dependable. We strive to hire only those women and men who display the commitment, passion and caring attitude necessary to consistently exceed the expectations of our clients and their family members. We also believe that you should choose who comes into your home to provide personal care services. This is why we work with you and arrange interviews with carefully selected Caregivers to assure the best possible match between your needs and expectations and Caregiver ability is made.
Once we have placed a Caregiver with you, our Direct Care Supervisors provide on-going supervision to ensure your health and safety needs are met. Additionally, our on-going supervision includes regularly scheduled home visits and performance evaluations based upon your input, comments and suggestions.